Sunday, March 4, 2007

Nothing to add

I don't know what happened. I lose my blogs periodically, I really don't knoow if anyone out there is reading or interested in what I hav to say. I don't have much to say today. The Surge in Iraq seems to be going pretty smoothly, but I kinda don't trust the powers that be especially, when the PM says he is going to oust some polititians and take them to court for collusion and if they like others in the ME take money for doing anything for someone else. This custom probably doesn't set too well with our troops. Even though its been going on for quite some time. I don't know whats it's called, but I remember when I was in Ankara, Turkey years ago. I had a car and it kind of hit a horse and wagon. Well, needless to say it totaled my car. I had to pay the government for them to keep my car. otherwise I would have had to ship a totaled car back to the States. anyway each person that I went through to get a signature or stamp. They loved stamps. I had to pay not for the stamps or signature but for the person to do it. I went through many cigarettes ,gifts for the people helping me to get the government to keep my car. I finally did it after days of negotiations.,,,,,but that was how they worked....I couldn't fight it. I imagine it hadn't changed much. they didn't get paid much and this is how they made anything out of their jobs..

No comments: