Sunday, March 4, 2007

Social Security Totalization agreement

I never heard of this agreement and I haven't looked it up yet, maybe someone out there could clue me in????
anyway, my sister from Texas called me today and said have you contacted your rep over this SS mess. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about. She said it was a bill presently in Congress that had to do with an agreement concerning illegal aliens and their getting Social Security benefits for their work. Even though they are illegal the government is entering into an agreement that they can retain all the benefits they paid into SS working illegally, I don't get it . I don't get the entire Illegal immigration thing. I think the whole thing is being mishandled by our Representatives and Senators. I don't know where they are coming from. If a person enters this country illegally, they are illegal PERIOD. That is the current law. We have been hoodwinked by our reps. Laws have been passed concerning the rights of these aliens. They are illegal,,,,illegal....they should have no legal rights in this country. Now if the lawmakers want to change the law, then by all means change the law, but do not break the present laws to suit your purposes. when caught. send them back over the border. Someone says well, get a guest worker program. That fine if its administered properly, However ask Germany about their guest worker program with Turkey. I think that went a little out of control, Not sure , but think so... Can we effectively administer a guest worker program. I doubt it. Then the situation will be the same as it is now.
My son in law said, "u know if they let them come in under a guest worker program they have to pay them the minimum wage." Then we will see how many are hired. Not the same folks.
anyway, back to the new law. Ill have to look it up. As of now I can't speak to it because I don't know what its about...

No comments: