Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Verdict is in??

Well, the verdict is in Guilty on 4 counts and not guilty on the 5th. I don't get all that I know about this entire situation. It is my understanding that before the investigation got started the Federal Prosecutor, Fitzgerald knew who outed Valerie Plume. Now that is what the investigation was suppose to find out. Why was it continued If he know it was Armatage that outed her to begin with, he turned himself in. Certainly the FBI knew it and probably the CIA also. Why was the investigation allowed to continue? The law wasn't broken to begin with and the prosecutor knew that also, Valerie wasn't a covert operative and hadn't been for years. This man's political life is ruined. why? Is this justice or more appropriately what is the justice?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would generally agree with you, why was he still looking? I think what is more interesting is that in reality no law was broken, Miss Valerie was not what we would call America's female answer to 007. The law that was "broken" required it be a field agent, which she was not. But, as I said I agree with you it was not acceptable for Fitzgerald to continue his search but I am not going to complain to much because that is how Ken Star dug up Monica with slick Willy. I didn't mind the overstep then, so I won't say anything now. I guess in my view seeing Bill sweat it out during the impeachment was worth it.
-Robert Caverly (one of April's College Friends)

Anonymous said...

I M Alwaysright has sent you a link to a blog:

Justice is the ideal, morally correct state of things and persons. For many, justice is overwhelmingly important: "Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought

Tapline said...

anonymous rob
You got the point. I heard a bit last night. Hannedy and Coen or however you spell their names, where Hannedy was comparing Libby to Berger. To me there was no comparison Two wrongs dont make a right. It was wrong to search for dirt and it was wrong not to go after an admitted wrong. especially,since in both instances the parties knew what the wrongs being perpetrated.